Tax Force Inc.

What is the difference between a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and an Enrolled Agent (EA)?

An EA advises and represents individuals, prepares tax returns for individuals, businesses, estates, trusts, & any entities with tax-reporting requirements.  The expertise of EAs in the ever changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent individuals & businesses audited by the IRS.

For an EA, tax is their only focus. A CPA, on the other hand, splits their focus between many varied aspects of accounting, one of which is tax.
Simply stated, the definition of an EA is “one who is recognized by the IRS as a tax expert.”

Enrolled Agents are the only federally authorized tax professionals! CPAs are only licensed on the state level.
Why wouldn’t you go to a tax professional for a tax issue and to an accountant for an accounting issue?
You deserve the very best.